Studio W Architects has been working with Paradise USD since the beginning of 2017 to develop their District-wide Facilities Master Plan and facilities conditions assessments. Our efforts included refining the District’s facility needs through site inspections, analysis of existing studies, implementation of best practices and interviews/meetings with the Facilities Advisory Committee (comprised of community leaders, parents and district staff). Primary elements of the Master Plan include:
- Infrastructure needs assessments/field investigations
- Specifications for 21st Century classrooms that will enhance academics district-wide (including lighting, flooring, walls, sound, technology & furniture)
- Safety & security standards
- Project recommendations & prioritization lists at the district-level & specific to each school site, including cost estimates
The Facilities Master Plan was completed in the Spring of 2018 to build community support for Measure Y, a $61 million general obligation bond that was passed successfully by the voters in November of 2018. Shortly thereafter, the community experienced the tragedy of the Camp Fire and has been in the rebuilding process.
Studio W Architects has worked side-by-side with the District in the emergence process—from providing vital facilities condition information and assisting with insurance claims to updating the Facilities Master Plan given their current demographics and capital program needs.
Projects currently in progress include:
- Cedarwood Elementary School Administration/Classroom Wing
- District Maintenance & Operations Center
- Paradise High School Reconstruction
- Paradise Junior High School Classroom Modernization & STEAM Lab
- Paradise Ridge Elementary School Modernization & New Multipurpose/Administration Building
- Ridgeview High School Reconstruction
- Emergency Generators at Multiple Sites