Paradise, CA: The Paradise Unified School District Board of Trustees unanimously approved BCA Architects’ contracts to move forward with development of the Measure Y Phase 2 projects. The scope includes:
- Cedarwood Elementary School New Classroom & Administration Building to replace non-permanent facilities and provide a new welcoming and secure entry to the campus. This project captures state funding for modernization eligibility. $10 million construction budget.
- Pine Ridge Elementary School New Administration Building & Campus-Wide Classroom Modernization to replace the non-permanent administration facility and provide modern classroom environments campus-wide. This project captures state funding for modernization eligibility. $3.5 million construction budget.
- Paradise Intermediate School Campus-Wide Modernization to provide modern classroom and STEM lab environments. This project captures state funding for modernization eligibility. $3.5 million construction budget.
- Paradise High School Building 400 Modernization, which will provide a modern “functional life skills” classroom and home for the ConnectEd program, while improving the exterior architectural vocabulary. $1.2 million construction budget.
- Ponderosa Elementary School Campus-Wide Classroom Modernization to provide modern learning environments to all classrooms on campus and complement the new multipurpose and administration facility that is being constructed as part of Phase 1. $2.7 million construction budget.
- Paradise USD District-Wide Site Electrical Project will provide gas powered electrical generators at all district sites; funded by a federal grant for power generation. $1.5 million budget.
All Phase 2 projects will be funded by a combination of local bond and State/federal funding.