Studio W Architects is currently seeking a highly talented Project Architect to join our San Jose, Sacramento or Irvine office. This position will be responsible for independently planning, coordinating and developing architectural projects across multiple project types and site locations. He/she will be responsible for helping Studio W Architects expand its presence in K-12 educational, charter school, community college, retail, commercial and civic architectural commissions throughout California. The successful applicant must possess strong design and production skills as well as inherent abilities to solve problems, manage time and interact with other staff.
- Interpret, organize, execute and coordinate project assignments.
- Plan and develop architectural projects.
- Coordinate all project technical efforts and work within the project budget to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare REVIT or CAD drawings.
- Explore subject area, define scope, select items for investigation and develop design concepts and methods.
- Serve as liaison with individuals in or outside of the firm with responsibility for technical matters pertaining to assigned projects.
- Meet stated project objectives and specific deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Report to and coordinate with Project Managers on each assigned project.
- Plan, organize and supervise work of Studio W technical staff and consultant contacts (approx. 5 to 15 individuals) assigned to each project.
- Perform code and technical research for each assigned project.
- Coordinate the preparation of construction documents sufficiently to gain all required agency approvals.
- Provide bid and construction phase support.
- California Licensed Architect
- LEED® AP preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited architecture program
- Experience with gaining DSA approval on public K-12 education and community college project construction documents
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer an extensive benefits package for this position, including:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Performance-based Bonus
- Professional Membership Support and Training Opportunities
- Give Back Program, offering company contribution on employee behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations
- Quarterly Morale and Team Building Events
Studio W Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time, Studio W Architects will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Brian P. Whitmore, AIA, LEED® AP, President & CEO, at 916.254.5602 or BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com. Studio W Architects does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com