Studio W Architects is seeking a highly talented Job Captain to join our San Jose, Sacramento or Irvine office. This position will be responsible for managing the planning and coordination of assigned projects under the supervision of a Project Manager or Project Architect. He/she will be responsible for helping Studio W Architects expand its presence in K-12 educational, charter school, community college, retail, commercial and civic architectural commissions throughout California. The successful applicant must possess strong problem-solving skills, including a great attitude and desire to learn and grow in the industry and marketplace.
- Manage planning and coordination of assigned projects during the development of construction documents under the supervision of a Project Manager or Project Architect.
- Assist in design and investigation of material selection and systems.
- Plan, assign, direct, coordinate and manage the work of others and ensure quality control review of work.
- Coordinate consultants, program requirements, code compliance, drawings and specifications.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently with primary concern for construction documents.
- Administer and manage less complex projects with minimal guidance.
- Review shop drawings and material samples.
- Prepare change drawings and coordinate with Construction Administrator when working on project in the construction phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Accredited Architectural Degree preferred
- 6+ years working for a licensed architect or in a professional A/E/C firm
- General experience in all phases of architecture and substantial experience in the development of construction documents
- Thorough knowledge of computer-aided architectural drafting and modeling, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction
- 6+ years of experience in budgeting and quality control
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong architecture design, space planning, construction documentation and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer an extensive benefits package for this position, including:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Performance-based Bonus
- Professional Membership Support and Training Opportunities
- Give Back Program, offering company contribution on employee behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations
- Quarterly Morale and Team Building Events
Studio W Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time, Studio W Architects will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Brian P. Whitmore, AIA, LEED® AP, President & CEO, at 916.254.5602 or BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com. Studio W Architects does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com