Studio W Architects is currently seeking a highly talented Senior Project Manager to join our San Jose office. This position will be responsible for independently managing projects across multiple clients/locales. He/she will be responsible for helping Studio W Architects expand its presence in K-12 educational, charter school, community college, commercial, retail and civic architectural commissions throughout California. The successful applicant must possess strong management skills when dealing with staff, consultants, clients and contractors and have a keen sense of developing, implementing and managing the fee, scope and schedule for a multitude of projects.
- Interpret, organize, execute and coordinate project assignments.
- Plan and develop architectural projects.
- Coordinate all project technical efforts and work within the project budget to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare REVIT or CAD drawings.
- Explore subject area, define scope, select items for investigation and develop design concepts and methods.
- Serve as liaison with individuals in or outside of the firm with responsibility for technical matters pertaining to assigned projects.
- Meet stated project objectives and specific deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Report to and coordinate with the respective project managers on each assigned project.
- Plan, organize and supervise work of Studio W technical staff and consultant contacts (approx. 5 to 15 individuals) assigned to each project.
- Perform code and technical research for each assigned project.
- Coordinate the preparation of construction documents sufficiently to gain all required agency approvals.
- 8+ years as a California Licensed Architect
- LEED® AP preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited architecture program
- Experience with gaining DSA approval on public K-12 education and community college project construction documents
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer an extensive benefits package for this position, including:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Performance-based Bonus
- Professional Membership Support and Training Opportunities
- Give Back Program, offering company contribution on employee behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations
- Quarterly Morale and Team Building Events
Studio W Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time, Studio W Architects will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Brian P. Whitmore, AIA, LEED® AP, President & CEO, at 916.254.5602 or BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com. Studio W Architects does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com