Studio W Architects is seeking a part-time Project Administrator/Office Assistant to partner with all project team members to ensure client satisfaction and successful completion of projects. This position will work under supervision of Studio W’s President & CEO, accounting department, marketing department and project managers to assist team members through the course of the entire project, as well as perform reception and general office support duties. Approximately 65% of the position’s time will be spent on project administration and 35% on office assistance.
- Project Administrator. Provide assistance to project managers and other team members through the course of the entire project. Coordinate all communications, owner and consultant contracts, meetings and appointments. Prepare agency applications, assist with bidding phase and construction administration, facilitate project close-out. Assist with marketing tasks such as proposal preparation, delivery and interview coordination.
- Office Assistant. Oversee the office reception desk. Provide general office support including maintaining office supplies, responding to incoming phone calls, printing, mailing, and/or delivering documents, accommodating guests and any special assignments as needed.
- Prepare or edit e-mail, letters, transmittals, faxes, etc. for projects. Receive e-mail, faxes, mail and deliveries. Scan and/or make file copies and distribute accordingly. Prepare packages for delivery. Follow up on outstanding issues.
- Project Schedules and Meetings. Work with project managers to set and maintain project schedules. Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and meeting minutes. Follow up on action items.
- Consultant Requests for Proposals and Consultant and Owner Contracts. Understand and administer terms of owner contracts. Request proposals from consultants for projects. Prepare consultant contracts. Receive insurance certificates.
- Project Accounting. Set up and maintain Fee Analysis Workbook. Track project budgets and construction costs. Communicate information to accounting department.
- Assist with Project Manuals (specifications).
- Preparation of Agency Applications. Coordinate agency submittal packages (local cities, Division of the State Architect, California Department of Education, etc.). Research requirements online and communicate to project team to coordinate submittals. Schedule appointments and meetings as required to process applications.
- Prepare Bid Packages. Work with owner and project managers to determine bid schedule. Coordinate distribution of plans and receipt of deposits. Coordinate advertisements in local papers and with builders’ exchanges. Assist in preparation of bid addenda. Distribute bid addenda to bidders, builders’ exchange and construction trade groups. Submit addenda to appropriate agencies for approval. Maintain regular contact with potential bidders. Prepare documents necessary for pre-bid walk and bid opening (agenda, bid log sheet, etc.).
- Construction Administration. Process and log all construction documentation, such as pay applications, requests for information (RFI’s), proposed change orders (PCO’s), construction change documents (CCD’s), architect’s supplemental instructions (ASI’s), submittals, etc. Learn and use owner-requested project documenting software (i.e. Submittal Exchange, Prolog, etc.). Assist in preparation of change orders. Submit changes in documents to appropriate agencies for approval.
- Project Close-out. Prepare and coordinate all paperwork for project completion and/or certification.
- Marketing Assistance. Assist with marketing tasks such as ordering marketing supplies, assisting with printing/collating proposals and material mailing/delivery.
- Office Assistance. Receive guests, respond to incoming phone calls, process mail and shipping, coordinate with vendors, manage and order office supplies, keep up reception and conference areas, and special projects as needed.
- High school diploma (college degree preferred)
- 1+ years project administration experience in the field of architecture, engineering or construction
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, AIA Contract Docs
Skills & Traits:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Friendly demeanor and ability to engage with guests and staff
- Ability to use critical thinking and good judgement to independently solve problems
- Proactive and self-motivated – presents solutions, not problems
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Studio W Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time, Studio W Architects will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Brian P. Whitmore, AIA, LEED® AP, President & CEO, at 916.254.5602 or BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com. Studio W Architects does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com