Studio W Architects is seeking a highly talented Project Designer to join our San Jose, Sacramento or Irvine office. This position will be responsible for initiating project design and documentation, as well as serving as the primary resource to Studio W Architects’ project management staff. He/she will be responsible for helping Studio W Architects expand its presence in K-12 educational, charter school, community college, commercial and civic architectural commissions throughout California. The successful applicant must possess strong problem solving skills, including a great attitude and desire to learn and grow in the industry and marketplace(s).
- Work within a project team of architects, engineers and administration to develop functional requirements and project design criteria/needs.
- Develop and communicate clear, concise design plans.
- Ensure designs are in line with regulatory standards and codes.
- Assist, at times, with developing design schedules, manpower allocations and budgeting.
- Perform routine architectural assignments, along with occasional higher-level work for training/development purposes.
- Work from designs of others, compile data, perform design computations, prepare architectural drawings and renderings, consult manufacturers, evaluate materials, collect product literature to use in writing architectural specifications and inspect architectural features of structures in the field.
- Receive close supervision and support on new or non-routine aspects of assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Accredited Architectural Degree preferred
- 1+ years working for a licensed architect or in a professional A/E/C firm
- Experience in budgeting and quality control
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong architecture design, space planning, construction documentation and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer an extensive benefits package for this position, including:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Performance-Based Bonus
- Professional Membership Support and Training Opportunities
- Give Back Program, offering company contribution on employee behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations
- Quarterly Morale and Team Building Events
Studio W Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At this time, Studio W Architects will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Brian P. Whitmore, AIA, LEED® AP, President & CEO, at 916.254.5602 or BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com. Studio W Architects does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to BrianW@StudioW-Architects.com